In order to provide quality music instruction, I have adopted the following policies for my studio
- Instruction is continuous throughout the year. Lessons are 30, 45, or 60 minutes long for private lessons.
- Lessons can begin at any time depending on availability
- All lessons for the entire month are paid for in advance. Tuition is due prior to the first lesson.
- Tuition is due by the 7th of every month. If instruction commences in the middle of the month, fees will be pro-rated.
- I reserve the right to reschedule a student's time slot if payment is not received by the due date.
- Last-minute cancellations (less than 24 hours in advance of the lesson) are treated as no-shows. No make-ups or refunds are offered for no-show lessons.
- Although it is not always guaranteed, rescheduling a lesson may be possible through advanced notice of a minimum of 24 hours before a student's regular lesson time.
- If the student arrives late, the lesson will end at the usual time without an adjustment in fee.
- One absence per three month block will be credited if notice is provided 24 hours in advance.
- In the case that the student will be out of town or on vacation during a portion of the month, only the lessons that will be attended during the month need to be paid for in advance.
- Tuition should be paid by cash or personal check made out to Jason Chiu. At this time I do not accept credit card payments.
- A late fee of $20 will be charged if payment is received after the 7th of every month.
- I will not be teaching on any major National or Legal Holiday. If a lesson occurs on one of these days, the tuition will be adjusted accordingly.
- To withdraw from lessons, I must be informed at least 2 weeks in advance.